Requirement of Backend Engineer H/F
Company is pioneering the use of payment card data and turning it into powerful customer knowledge & business insights for merchants, allowing them to run their own loyalty programs and digital marketing campaigns. These marketing services, provided by acquirers using Company’s SaaS solutions, quickly restore growth to merchant businesses by building their customers (the card-holders) spending and stickiness. Company’s innovative card-linked CRM & Loyalty solution gives acquirers a competitive edge by monetising their payment transactions data, generating new sources of income and improving their retention capabilities.
Job Description for Backend Engineer H/F Job in Portugal :
Multiple millions of transactions are being done per day. Millions of users are being enrolled and linked with merchants. Company allows the card holders to benefit from the purchases they make, and allows merchants to grow their loyalty base.
- Candidates will be involved in glue code linking the data with the web application.
- To work on all fronts of the backend systems, from the pipes with the banks, where we receive the transactions, shops, loyalty members and terminal info and transform and send down the data pipeline.
- The merchant and partner flows when users authenticate, and communicate to various system sections, and then user micro services which represent self standing features.
- Company is going to migrate the system to fit the SaaS model more and more, and the candidate will be a key figure in this transformation.
Job Responsibilities of Backend Engineer H/F :
- Design and build features in our existing mature code base.
- Design and build standalone, new features via scalable micro services.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain new features & components.
- Propose and develop innovative solutions to achieve the best levels of quality, scalability and performance of our engine
- Research, prototype, and brainstorm with other team members and find ways to improve existing systems
Education & Experience :
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 3+ years of software development in an open source environment
- Proven experience in JVM based technologies (Java 8/10, Groovy)
- Experience in cloud environment automation (Docker)
- Experience with CICD environments, where you test, build and deploy your code
Additional Points :
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how to identify opportunities of improvement
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Proven Experience with auto scaling micro services
- Experience managing micro service infrastructure – Terraform, ansible
- Experience in IBM cloud
Other Terms for Backend Engineer H/F Job :
- Salary Negotiable
- Food, Accommodation & Transportation – by candidate
- Joining ticket – by employer
- Work permit – by employer
- Visa stamping expense – by candidate