Job Requirements for Carers job in Malta :
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience as caregiver
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
Job Description for Carers job in Malta :
Purpose of your role :
To assist clients/patients with all aspects of their daily lives so that they can enjoy the highest possible quality of life. You will mostly work alone with the client/patient in their home. Providing support and care has many benefits, but it can also be challenging. Compassion, good communication skills, and a calm and caring demeanor are required for this important role.
Provide anti-discriminatory support and care that values the whole person rather than just a list of care needs. Listen very closely and observe how each client/patient prefers their support and care to be delivered on a daily basis. Assist them in making their own decisions so they can be as self-sufficient as possible.
Observe the guidelines in the support and care plan that you and your client/patient have agreed upon. This might comprise:
- Every aspects of personal hygiene and continence care
- Offering support with medication, and returning back expired or unwanted medications to the pharmacy for secure disposal
- Encouraging the patient/client to follow a healthy diet. Prepare a proper meal schedule for them. Ensure the kitchen is hygienic and well organised. Deciding on safe food storage methods and when to throw out produce that has gone bad with the client/patient.
- Respecting the dignity of patients and clients while safely using aids and personal equipment.
- Helping with the household work as directed by the client/patient
- Engaging the client with some social and physical activities. Encouraging them to perform activities that are of interest to them.
- Helping a patient/client through hospital visits, temporary and terminal illnesses, and communication with family members and community health resources.
Record and Report :
- The support and care that you provide and assistance with medicines
- Changes to a client/patient’s condition or other concerns e.g. faulty equipment or hazards in the home
- Response to emergencies, accidents, incidents and safeguarding matters
- Contact with families, representatives or carers and other professionals
- Keep all information about clients/patients and their families secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share, to protect the interests of our clients/patients
Essential Criteria for Carers job in Malta
Personal attributes :
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of support and care
- Dedicated to anti-discriminatory care practice. This means respecting people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and to follow instructions
- Excellent time keeper and reliable
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
- Good stamina and level of fitness to meet the physical demands of the job
Knowledge and Understanding :
- General understanding of the needs of people who require support and care.
- Respect for the rights of our clients/patients. Understanding the importance of giving the best possible support and care, centered on the individual needs and wishes of each client/patient.
- Understanding of what confidentiality means in relation to homecare services and why this is important
Experience and Skills required for Carers job in Malta :
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with clients/patients, their families or representatives, Company’s Care staff and other social and health care professionals
- Ability to give support and care to clients/patients with all aspects of their daily living to always respect their dignity, privacy and choices, be non- judgmental and promote their independenceGood organizational skills, so clients/patients receive the services they expect
- Ability to use own initiative and work alone or as part of a team especially in an emergency
- Numerical skills to support clients/patients in managing their money and buying shopping or paying bills when requested to do so.
- Ability to keep written records in clear English about the support and care given to each client/patient, including help with medicines
- Ability and willingness to follow Company’s policies, procedures and instructions and to participate in training
Candidate’s need submit the following documents immediately :
- A certificate in Nursing / Care Giving / Mid-Wife (anything medical)
- Vaccine of Polio, Hepatitis B, Measles & COVID
- Medical Antigen Hepatitis B Negative
- Clear Chest X-Ray (if they want to)
- All pages of passport including covers and blank page
- Transcript of certificate
Other Terms for Carers Job in Malta :
- Contract – Minimum 2-3 years
- Working hours – 48 hours weekly
- Food and Accommodation – By Employee
- Medical Tests upon arrival
Note – After getting your conditional appointment letter, you have to complete MQRIC registration on the website :- https://mfhea.mt
Monthly net salary – €795 & above
(Net salary is calculated post taxes, accommodation, food allowance, administration & other expenses.)