Job Description for Endoscopy Nurse Job in Malta (Europe)
- Department: Operating Theatre
- Reports to: Operating Theatre Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities for Endoscopy Nurse Job in Malta
- Assisting Gastroenterologist / Surgeon / Specialist with Endoscopy procedures
- Admitting patient’s pre-op or Endoscopy procedures
- Answering patients’ questions and addressing their concerns
- Completing necessary documentation, including patient notes and discharge documents
- Preparing the instruments, equipment and consumables for procedures in the Endoscopy Theatre
- Observing patients’ vital signs
- Assisting in preparing drugs for sedation
- Administering necessary medication post procedure for example, for pain relief, as required
- Administering IV drugs, as required
- Ensuring the patient is as comfortable as possible, post procedure
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments before and after use
- Ensuring proper care is taken of the department’s equipment
- Maintaining the department’s consumables stock levels
- Maintaining the department’s pharmacy stock levels
- Any other tasks that the department might require.
Essential Criteria and Desirable Skills for Endoscopy Nurse Job in Malta
- Recognized degree in nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse with the Nurse and Midwifery Council of Malta
- Valid ILS and ALS certification (the company will support this)
- Extensive knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Knowledge of emergency care
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and all medical and hospital staff
- A team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Basic computer skills
- Good time management
- Excellent organization skills
- Professional and friendly attitude.
- This job description is meant as a guide to the key areas of responsibility and tasks, it is not a definitive list of duties. The contents of this Job description can be reviewed with the job holder at regular intervals.
- Salary – €27760 including allowances.
- No Sundays or Public Holidays worked
- Overtime is paid at overtime rate;
- Leave and sick leave as per law;
- Free meal on each duty.
- Contract is for a minimum of 2 years (2-year definite contract)