Job Description for Theatre Recovery Nurse Job in Malta (Europe)
- Department – Theatre
- Reports to – Operating Theatre Manager
- The Recovery Room Nurse is the primary patient advocate following surgery. This nurse monitors patients when they are still under the effects of anesthesia. Recovery room nurses must be registered nurses who have been extensively trained in critical care. It is essential that a high standard of nursing care is maintained. The role should be carried out in professional manner and in accordance with Hospital policies and protocols.
Key Role & Responsibilities for Theatre Recovery Nurse Job in Malta :
- Providing constant care to patients immediately following surgery. This may be a time frame anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours, until the patient is stable enough either to be transported to his hospital room or discharged from the facility.
- Connecting the patient to devices such as cardiac monitoring equipment, and to intravenous therapy for fluids and pain medication.
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs, such as Blood pressure, pulse, RR, temperature; administration of oxygen suctioning.
- Monitoring patients for bleeding, pain management to assess patients’ comfort level.
- Observing patients to assess their comfort level, asking patients about their level of pain, and administering pain medications that have been prescribed.
- Administration of intravenous, IM, subcutaneous, PCA and epidural therapy.
- Transferring verbal and written information about the patient to the ward nurse responsible for the patient.
- Maintaining and providing necessary documentation, as appropriate.
- Rapidly reacting to signs of negative physical changes, calling for assistance and beginning cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary. Acting in a clear headed and knowledgeable way during an emergency.
Other Requirements for Theatre Recovery Nurse Job in Malta:
- Must communicate effectively with patients of different ages and backgrounds.
- Possess excellent observation skills, be able to think critically, and be able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Must be registered with the Malta Council for Nurses and Midwives.
- Must be in possession of valid ILS certification.
- Salary – €27760 including allowances.
- No Sundays or Public Holidays worked.
- Overtime is paid at overtime rate;
- Leave and sick leave as per law;
- Free meal on each duty.
- Contract is for a minimum of 2 years (2-year definite contract)