Job Description for Draughts Man Job in Malta (Europe)
Position Summary :
- The draughts man is to create technical drawings for planning and construction purposes and plays a key part in the building process since the work contributes to building approvals, pricing estimates and construction
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities for Draughtsman Job Abroad
- Perform site surveys, prepare rough sketches, layout proposals and detailed drawings in accordance with standards and in-house practices for planning and construction purposes.
- Liaise with planning authority officers on a case by case basis on queries and clarifications required through the planning process.
- Generate take-offs and prepare Bill of Quantities.
- Liaise with Architects/Engineers throughout preparation of drawings and the building execution.
- Perform day to day duties relating to the operation of a drawing office including the running and up-keeping of a filing records to ensuring traceability and preservation of documents for future reference.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions for Draughts Man Job in Malta
- Work is in an office environment, but it could also be that you are also required to meet clients on-site
- Work is on a full-time basis, from Monday to Friday. Working overtime and during weekends may be required in order to meet tight deadlines
Education and License Required for Draughts Man Job in Malta :
- To work as a Draughtsperson, a qualification in Construction Engineering is required or a minimum six-year work experience in the field
- On-the-job training is usually offered by the employer