Job Description for Tendering and Proposals Engineer Job in Malta (Europe)
The aim of the Engineer shall be to coordinate all aspects of the bid preparation, execute any design functions and administrative requirements for a comprehensive submission on time.
Duties and Responsibilities for Tendering and Proposals Engineer Job in Malta :
- Responsible for Tenders & Proposals submissions and processes;
- Responsible to achieve (and maximise) the company’s planned profit targets, on time delivery and client satisfaction
- Designing cost effective solutions meeting the client’s budget restrictions, yet propose technically viable and enticing solutions to meet the client’s technical requirements and where possible exceed them.
- Prepare the necessary paperwork for the compiling of comprehensive bids and tenders
- Communicating with clients and suppliers alike and know who key personnel are (both external and internal);
- Head technical and commercial meetings with public contracting authorities, consulting engineers and client representatives,
- Conduct negotiations in order to conclude work contracts and secure projects.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Taking on some of the manager’s responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Being involved in decision-making processes;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
Attributes and experience for Tendering and Proposals Engineer Job in Malta :
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- Planning, organisation and time management skills;
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly when facing any obstacles;
- Stress shouldn’t be a factor to prevent him/her from taking the right decisions;
- Ability to follow directions and Company strategy;
- Strong sense of leadership and learning orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills for both one-to-one and in groups;
- Ability to take an initiative and act on what’s required;
- Project management skills including flexibility and prioritisation of tasks.
Job Requirements for Tendering and Proposals Engineer Job in Malta
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Engineering Environment.
- Experience in working with Fire and Security systems or/and compiling tenders is considered an asset.
- Engineering Warrant will be considered an asset.
- Valid driving licence
Salary Range – €28,000 – 30,000