Job Description for Inventory Manager Jobs in Malta (Europe)
Position Summary :
- We are looking for a competent Inventory Manager to monitor and report on the company’s inventory. Your job is important since the efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies is critical for the attainment of business goals.
- A successful inventory manager is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities. He/she possess great attention to detail and a business mindset and contributes to optimizing the store stock rotation through following seamless processes of stock control and management in compliance with legal, safety, internal requirements
Key Reponsibilities for Inventory Manager Jobs in Malta :
- Full Inventory control from physical, cost, system, and reporting perspective.
- Reviewing stock controls and procedures with the aim of keeping stock losses to a minimum.
- Coordination of stock takes, (full or vendor) including supervision of stock take procedures and following up variances.
- Responsible for monitoring and acceptance in system (Goods Received Note) of incoming stock consignments with the aim of ensuring the correct updating of quantities and average cost.
- Responsible for the monitoring and acceptance in system of expired, damaged and pilfered stock and to monitor and ensure that goods returned to suppliers are correctly recorded.
- Monitoring shipments/transfers and tracking deliveries to achieve efficient stock management.
- Reviewing, recording, and investigating stock differences with Vendors, Store Managers and Warehouse Management.
- Reviewing scanning of stock and monitoring the approved transfers from warehouse to stores and stores to warehouse.
- Overall understanding, preparation, interpretation, and analysis of stock reports, including the out of stock and stock aging statuses.
- Responsible for the Stores and Warehouse’s Stock Controllers in various locations.
- Manage all location movements of inventory to the various locations including transit locations.
- Achieving financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; variances analysing and initiating corrective actions.
- Completing inventory management operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintaining inventory management job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Closely monitor the stock rotations with the aim of reducing obsolete and slow-moving stock to maximise on the return of the Warehouse and Store space.
- Take the lead in ensuring that stock is stored in a clean and safe environment to ensure it’s good condition.
- Closely collaborate with Supply Chain and Logistic Manager, Store Manager/s, Purchasing Lead, Finance Manager and Pricing & Data Manager to ensure business goals are met.
Level of Education Standard & Experience Required
- MQF Level 6 (Degree)
- Fields of study – Business Administration, Logistics, or relevant field
- Type of work experience – Inventory Manager or similar position
- Languages – Written/ Spoken – strong communication skills in English
Compatibility with the Company’s Values
- Possess an aptitude towards creating a safe environment to himself and others
- Be able to commit and provide quality to his/her line of work
- Strive to create a customer-driven approach
- Believe that teamwork makes work more efficient and leads to better productivity
- Show respect and integrity at the workplace and able to work in a team
- Believe that continuous professional development is the key to continue growing within the
- Company and keen to attend training as required
- Cultivate a strong understanding of key social and environmental issues
Competencies for Inventory Manager Jobs in Malta
- People management and supervisory skills to supervise a team
- Excellent organizational and networking and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A methodical approach to work, A sense of initiative, Accuracy, Assertiveness, Attention to detail,
- Business acumen, Diligence, Efficiency, Flexibility, Proactive and energetic attitude
3. Technical (Specific to the Job)
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
4. Information Technology
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
5. Health & Safety
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures