Job Description for Junior Buyer Job in Malta (Europe)
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities for Junior Buyer Job in Malta
- Category management and assortment building and optimization.
- Understand consumer trends to plan a strategy in line with market requirements.
- Sourcing the best products, locally and internationally.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Issue tenders (RFI/RFQ) and carry out the evaluation process.
- Negotiate prices as well as contract terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Develop rebate plans.
- Sign and improve contractual conditions with suppliers.
- Review stock levels and order products.
- Plan for payment and delivery.
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management.
- Include sustainability both in category management and in the sourcing process.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions for Junior Buyer Job in Malta
- Work in office on a full-time basis, occasionally spending time in warehouses, stores, competition visits and fairs
Education & Licenses Required
- Experience in a similar role – Purchasing Executive, Assistant Buyer, Junior Buyer, Category Buyer, Buyer etc
- Experience working in a product and consumer-focused business, (preferably DIY or home improvement retailers – but not mandatory.)
- Requires a university degree (qualification at MQF Level 4 or higher) in relevant areas including procurement, business administration, sales and marketing, management, or commerce.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Qualities/ Tools & Equipment used in this position
- An understanding of the retail industry the organisation is operating in
- Knowledge of the products and/or services available on the market
- Knowledge of competitors’ activities and pricing strategies
- Commercial and business awareness
- Financial skills
- Analytical skills
- The ability to adapt to different market needs
- Written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and English
- IT skills
- Numerical skills
- Organisational, Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and network successfully
- The ability to build long-lasting business relationships
- A results-driven approach with an entrepreneurial mindset • Attention to detail • Confidence, flexibility and perseverance
- Any experience in product development/design would be helpful
Terms for Junior Buyer Job in Malta
- Free Joining tickets
- Work Permit provided
- Medical Insurance provided
- VFS expenses in India on candidates