Job Description for Technical Designer & Project Leader Job in Malta (Europe)
The Project Leader and Technical Designer will be responsible for the design, timely and safe execution of key projects, ensuring deliverables are in line with contract specifications and within budget.
S/he will perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and the identification of resources needed, including; managing project budgets, tracking expenses, minimising exposure and risk and maximising profit margins for respective projects.
Duties and Responsibilities for Technical Designer & Project Leader Job in Malta :
- Design and plan all aspects of projects, from inception to completion of design, including costing, installation, commissioning and handing over, ensure accurate engineering throughout.
- Oversee the project purchasing function to ensure material is purchased cost effectively and delivered in a timely manner as per project’s requirements.
- Foresee project revenue by ensuring the successful completion of jobs planned
- Complete required monthly reports, costing and billing including WIP.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirement
- Maintain accurate record keeping and updating of technical and non-technical project data, ensuring documentation of changes in design and client requirements
- Manage customer relationship, responding to all requests for clarifications, keeping record of client interactions
- Provide overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial and operational matters and general direction to various support departments.
- Involve and co-ordinate with all stakeholders including clients, suppliers, contractors, and Department Managers.
Job Requirements for Technical Designer & Project Leader Job in Malta :
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally a tertiary level of education or similar: either a diploma or degree in a related field
- Experienced in development, design, and operational coordination of technical projects, ideally in an ELV setting
- Basic experience using ACad.
- A valid licence to drive in Malta.
- A confident leader, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Preferably fluent in both in the English and Maltese languages
Only candidates that are readily available in Malta and in possession of a permit to start work immediately will be considered for this post.
Salary Range – €28,000 – 30,000