Job Description for Salesman Building Section Job in Malta (Europe)
- The service of a salesman is required to assist clients in the Building section.
- Working requires standing up for extended periods. Lifting and carrying heavy items may also be required.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities for Salesman Building Section
- Welcomes customers by greeting them, offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters, suggesting items.
- Advises customers by providing information on products.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence, offering suggestions and opinions.
- Documents sale by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Compatibility with the Company’s Values
- Possess an aptitude towards creating a safe environment to himself and others
- Be able to commit and provide quality to his/her line of work
- Strive to create a customer-driven approach
- Show respect and integrity at the workplace and able to work in a team
- Believe that continuous professional development is the key to continue growing within the Company and keen to attend training as required
- Cultivate a strong understanding of key social and environmental issues
Competencies for Salesman Building Section
- Not applicable
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer care skills
- Numeracy skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and in a hectic environment
- A flair for sales
- A sense of initiative
- A sociable personality
- A well-groomed appearance
- Assertiveness, Charisma, Confidence, Diligence, Efficiency, Enthusiasm, Flexibility, Patience, Trustworthiness
- Knowledge of the products – we specifically looking for people with experience in building material
- The ability to explain technical information in simple language
- Knowledge of competitors’ products or services
- The ability to reach sales targets
- Selling skills and techniques, including the ability to upsell
- The ability to understand the needs of different customers
- The ability to negotiate and persuade
- The ability to engage with the local community
- Basic IT skills
Health & Safety
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Free Joining tickets
- Work Permit provided
- Medical Insurance provided
- VFS expenses in India on candidates