Job Description for Technical Designer Job Malta (Europe)
The Technical Designer is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the bid preparation, executing design of all aspects of the project and ensuring that the project deliverables are in line with contract specifications, within budget, in a timely, cost-effective manner and to the client’s satisfaction. This is a key role, involving office work, site coordination, surveys and meetings, which will require project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed as well as project accounting functions from managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimising exposure and risk throughout the project.
Responsibilities for Technical Designer Job Malta :
- Design all aspects of projects from inception to completion of design including costing and ensure accurate engineering.
- Perform and record design changes. Provide progress reports and notes as directed by the Superiors.
- Co-ordinate proposal and design matters between the project stakeholders.
- Plan all aspects of project execution from inception to post completion including costing, design installation, commissioning & handing over.
- Respond to customer questions & requests in a timely and efficient manner. Carry out regular follow-ups and keep track record accordingly.
- Pre-plan jobs and deploy a prioritized work schedule with appropriate time deadline targets.
- Provide overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial and operational matters and general direction to various support departments.
- Develop and maintain relationship with the engineers, consultants and decision makers within the customer’s organizations.
- Work with project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area.
- Maintain all data updated and ensure upkeep of technical and non-technical documents.
- Clarify subsequent purchase order receipt and to prepare detailed handover documentation in a timely manner for projects.
- Research new products, create new project opportunities within (up selling) and outside (cross selling) the contract scope;
- Oversee project activities to ensure that the appropriate methods are employed and that sufficient due care is taken in order to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Oversee that company’s standards are being implemented accordingly (ISO, LPCB etc).
- Organize, plan and co-ordinate inventory management activities.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction and service levels are maintained at all projects levels.
- Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with customers at all times.
Job Requirements for Technical Designer Job Malta :
- Experienced in development, design, and operational coordination of technical projects, ideally in a mechanical/ industrial setting in Fire and Security industry
- Basic experience using ACad.
- Ideally a tertiary level of education or similar: either a diploma or degree in a related field
- A valid licence to drive in Malta.
- A confident leader, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Preferably fluent in both in the English and Maltese languages
Attributes & Experience for Technical Designer Job Malta
- Works on his/her own initiative & operate under minimal supervision.
- Be assertive.
- Be accountable for the assigned tasks.
- Responsible for his/her own time management.
- Requires extreme organization skills, confidence and attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team.
Salary Range – €25,000 – 28,000