Job Description for Home Care Jobs in UK for foreigners
Duties of Home Care Assistance
Give anti-discriminatory support and care that values the whole person rather than merely seeing a list of care needs. Carefully listen and observe how each client/patient prefers their support and care to be delivered on a day to day basis. Help them make their own decisions, so they can be as independent as possible.
Follow the instructions in the support and care plan agreed with each client/patient. This may include:
- All aspects of personal care such as showering and bathing, dressing and grooming, dental hygiene, toileting and continence care
- Assisting with medicines, ordering and collecting prescriptions or returning unwanted medicines to the pharmacy for safe disposal
- Supporting the client/patient to eat and drink well.
- Safely using aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of clients/patients. For example walking frames, wheelchairs, manual and electric hoists, sliding sheets and moving boards, hearing aids and other physical aids
- Housework such as dusting, tidying, washing floors, vacuuming and sweeping, doing the laundry and ironing, making beds and changing the linen
- Social and physical activities or mental stimulation
Experience and skills required for Home Care Jobs in UK for foreigners :
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with clients/patients, their families or representatives, care staff and other social and health care professionals
- Ability to give support and care to clients/patients with all aspects of their daily living. To always respect their dignity, privacy and choices, be non- judgemental and promote their independence
- Numerical skills to support clients/patients in managing their money and buying shopping or paying bills when requested to do so
- Ability to keep written records in clear English about the support and care given to each client/patient, including help with medicines
- Ability and willingness to follow company policies, procedures and instructions and to participate in training
Additional requirements for Home Care Jobs in UK for foreigners
- All staff are expected to meet regulatory training standards. Home Care assistants must attend initial company training before providing support and care to our clients/patients. During the first 12 weeks, you will continue to receive on the job and virtual training to help you fully understand your role. You must be willing to participate in ongoing training, so you can continue to give good and safe support and care.
- You will need to obtain a satisfactory criminal records check and evidence that your name is not listed as barred from working with vulnerable people
- Candidates must know driving and must have valid driving license
- IELTS/ SELT required
- Female candidates preferred